Prep 7 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Another wonderful summertime frozen dessert, and you don't need an ice cream maker for this one! Please don't leave out the Grand Marnier, it is what "makes" this sherbet! Plan ahead or prepare a day ahead, as this needs to freeze for about 7 hours. This recipe is enough for 4 people, if you want to double the recipe, use the exact ingredients, but prepare two seperate recipes in two bowls. This is worth making, it is delicious! If you want an extreme red colour to the sherbet, I suggest adding in a couple drops of red food colouring. Prep time includes freezing time.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 5 cups fresh strawberries, pureed and chilled
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium heat, and stir until sugar is completely dissolved; cool and chill in refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine the pureed strawberries, Grand Marnier, lemon juice and lemon zest; blend well.
- Add sugar syrup to strawberry mixture.
- Freeze in an 8-inch square metal baking pan (about 4 hours).
- Remove from freezer, and partially thaw.
- Place in a food processor and process until smooth (this breaks down the ice crystals, and gives it a fluffy texture).
- Place back into the frezzer for at least 4 hours.