Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Reserve 1 tablespoon each of the strawberries and walnuts for the garnish.
- In a small bowl, mix the strawberries, brown sugar and liqueur.
- Set aside.
- Blend the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the strawberry mixture, blending well.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Mound the reserved strawberries in the center and ring with the reserved walnuts.
- Cover and chill.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Chocolate Wafers Or Crackers, Graham Crackers, Chocolate Chunks,
- Ladyfingers, Bananas
I decided to use blueberry yogurt instead of sour cream. The finished product was still way too wet for my liking, even after chilling for a day. It just tasted like yogurt to us. Kind of a bummer.
I also skip the walnuts as some do. (Allergies) I used raspberries instead of strawberries because that is what I had on hand. All in all it was just average. Kinda tasted like yogurt to me. I served with Nilla Wafers.
My family LOVES this. My changes: I skip the walnuts, use light or fat-free cream cheese, and substitute light strawberry yogurt for the sour cream to punch up the flavor even more. Sometimes, for the kids, I leave out the Grand Marnier, but it really adds a nice flavor. We dip strawberries, mango, apples, bananas or graham crackers in this.