Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
In case you're wondering, the picture shows a variation on this recipe. For lack of a better name, I'll just call it "Peach Goop" -- I made it for our daycare children in order to avoid possible allergies to strawberries. I used peach Jell-O and diced up canned peaches. The kids loved it. Sugar free and fat free products can be used instead of full fat products if lower calorie dessert is desired. From the kitchen of Michele Harvey Thornburg, Moberly MO.
- 1 large angel food cake
- 1 (5 ounce) packagevanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk (skim or 1/2 percent may be used)
- 2 cups ice cream or 2 cups plain fat-free yogurt or 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 16 ounces strawberries, fresh, frozen, whole, etc
- Mix the milk and pudding. Mixture will be thick.
- Add 2 cups of ice cream (or yogurt or sour cream) to the pudding-milk mixture.
- Break up the angel food cake.
- Spread the mixture on top of the broken-up angel food cake; mix well.
- Heat 1 cup of water until it's boiling.
- Dissolve the Jell-O in the water.
- Add the strawberries to the Jell-O mixture.
- Pour the strawberry/Jell-O mixture over the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.