Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just top this cake with some whipped cream and you will have a fabulous "to die for" dessert.
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Add egg whites and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Beat just until combined.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 8" square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils and thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Spoon strawberry mixture onto cake, spreading evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, if desired.