Just top this cake with some whipped cream and you will have a fabulous "to die for" dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine butter and sugar in large bowl.
- 3Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- 4Add egg whites and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- 5Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- 6Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- 7Beat just until combined.
- 8Spread batter into greased and floured 8" square baking pan.
- 9Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11Meanwhile, combine strawberries and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- 12Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils and thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 13Cool 15 minutes.
- 14Spoon strawberry mixture onto cake, spreading evenly.
- 15Cover and refrigerate until chilled for at least 2 hours.
- 16Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Glazed Sour Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 330.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g