Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I put this together using a favorite ham glaze and slicing kielbasa or polish sausage in a pan. Great with pancakes for breakfast!!! Mix it up by trying other preserves like blackberry!!
- 1 lb smoked sausage (or any sausage, I like kielbasa)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves (or any fruit preserves)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- Cut sausage into about 6 pieces (about 3-4 inches long). Then make cuts into each section, not going all the way through, to make meat fan out when cooking. (See photo.).
- Cook in nonstick skillet until browned and starting to separate into fans.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- When meat is browned, pour glaze ingredients over meat and cook, stirring often, until sausage is completely coated. This only takes a couple of minutes. It will thicken as it cools.
- DON'T OVERCOOK, or the glaze will become hard like candy!
- Serve and enjoy!
Double warning on not overcooking the glaze, I did over cook the preserves on my first "batch" today and the glaze turned into a hard carmely sticky thick candy thingy (for a lack of better words lol).... so I threw it out and tried again. BUT once I made it the correct way it was quite tasty. I used strawberry preserves and I was surprised my mother likes it so much since she hates mixing sweet with savory. Didnt have cloves so I used allspice and also I scaled it down to use two links of kielbasa for me and my mother. Very good recipe if you dont over cook the sauce!