Recipe by CherryRed
Who doesn't love a good, rich dessert? This strawberry cheesecake has knocked the socks off of everyone I've made it for. It's relatively simple but it can be time consuming. . . get a premade pie crust if you're looking to shorten the process a little. Other than that, all I can say is enjoy! I think you'll be extremely happy with the results. Ratings and critiques appreciated :)
Top Review by ChloeBaby
Made for Fall 2011 PAC.
This is a fluffy, rich, yummy, beautiful, strawberry covered delight. It's not really heavy like some cheesecakes I've made, but it still has that "oh jeez, this is definitely not good for me but I'm still going to eat it" factor. Blueberries are my berry, will be trying this subbing them for the strawberries. Thanks for sharing! *1 1/4 lbs cream cheese = 3 x 250g bricks
- 354.88 ml crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 566.99 g cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml lemon rind, grated
- 3.69 ml orange rind, grated
- 22.18 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 whole egg yolk
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1005.50 ml fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 0.59 ml salt (necessary)
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 0.59 ml red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to temperature 350°F.
- Mix crust ingredients together and press into pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to temperature 250°F.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft. Add 3/4 cup sugar, lemon rind, orange rind and 1-1/2 Tbs. flour. Mix thoroughly. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, beating after each addition until just incorporated. Beat cream and vanilla. Pour into crust and bake about 65 minutes until edges are firm and center jiggles slightly when pan is moved. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Purée 1 cup strawberries in a food processor or blender. Press through a strainer. Combine strawberry purée, 3/4 cup sugar, cold water, salt and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoons butter and food coloring. Cool slightly. Arrange whole berries over top of cheesecake. Serve glaze over cheesecake.