Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From A. Lindsay.
Make and share this Strawberry-Glazed Banana Pineapple Muffins (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup drained crushed unsweetened pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind or 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- Lightly grease or spray nonstick muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, lightly beat egg; stir in bananas, pineapple, oil, milk and lemon rind. Pour over flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into prepared pans. Top each with dollop of jam.
- Bake in 350F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
Very tasty, my hubby and in-laws loved them however I thought they could use some spice (I added 1 tsp vanilla, but will also add some cinnamon next time). I used a bit more than 1 cup banana, about 2/3 cup pineapple, 2/3 cup apple sauce with 2 tbsp veg oil and 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt instead of milk (i always find my muffins are dry if I don't add some extra moisture, I think it has to do with the fact that Northern Alberta is so dry). Will make again, but with some cinnamon next time! Thanks for a great recipe
This was great. I loved the strawberry on top. I used egg beaters and fat-free vanilla yogurt instead of oil. I made 6 texas sized muffins and mine cooked in about 25 mins.