Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I found online and enjoyed. The food coloring is optional, but I like the light pink color without the added dye.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup crushed strawberry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, blend cornstarch, corn syrup, and water until smooth.
- Add strawberries and turn up heat to medium-high.
- Stirring lightly, bring to a boil and allow to boil for one minute.
- Strain, add lemon juice and food coloring if desired, and cool.
The natural color is a pretty blush pink and the flavor is just right! I used it on some shortbread and think it would be lovely on mini abgel cakes. Thanks, Scarlett!
A wonderful glaze. Had some angel cake and some strawberries made for perfect timing. Loved the color without food coloring. Do I dare admit this looked and tasted so good I didn't stain this time around! I do have recipes that will see me staining to glaze. Yes, this one is a repeatable.