Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Real good for cheesecakes. I use it for making strawberry sundaes.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 450 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 10 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon gelatin (optional)
- Combine sugar and water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Stir periodically. Set aside to cool. Save a few strawberries for decoration and liquidize the rest.
- Combine the cooled sugar syrup, lime juice, colouring, liquidized strawberries and gelatin.
- Pour over the cheesecake and refrigerate till set.