Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great way to use those delicious fresh strawberries.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 8-inch round cake pan. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar; beating until well blended.
- Add ginger and eggs; beat well.
- Beat in combined dry ingredients alternately with water.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Gingercream by beating whipping cream, sugar and ginger in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, slice cake in half horizontally. Place one layer on serving plate, cut side up. Spread with half of Gingercream; top with one fourth of the strawberries. Top with second cake layer, cut side down. Spoon remaining Gingercream over top; garnish with one fourth of the strawberries. Dust with additional ground ginger. Cut cake into wedges; serve with remaining strawberries.