Recipe by Kritty
I goofed and accidentally posted this recipe twice...under this name and under Strawberry Fudge Truffle Cake...OOPS! Either way it's a great cake!
- 1 (18 ounce) boxsuper moist fudge cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup real butter
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 whole fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In large bowl combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs on low speed with electric mixer until combined. Beat an additional 2 minutes on medium speed. Bake in 9x13-inch pan for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Pour chocolate chips into a large bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan bring whipping cream and butter to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over chocolate chips and stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with wax paper. Cut cake into 1 inch cubes. In large bowl beat ½ of cake cubes with electric mixer until crumbly. Add remaining cake cubes and 1 ¾ cups of ganache. Beat 30 seconds on low speed then beat medium speed until well blended (mixture will look like fudge). Add 2 cups strawberries and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into springform pan. Smooth top and cover with plastic wrap. Place in freezer for until firm enough to unmold from pan about 1 hour.
- Remove cake from pan and place on serving dish. Frost with ganache. Melt white chocolate chips and oil over low heat stirring until smooth. Arrange fresh strawberries on top of cake. Spoon white chocolate garnish into decorator bag or Ziploc bag with corner snipped off and drizzle over top of cake.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.