Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This pie can be made a head of time and frozen without the strawberries and fudge topping for up to 2 weeks. Bring to room temp and decorate it before serving.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 (10 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons chocolate fudge topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine fudge mix, oil, water and 1 egg in a large bowl.
- Beat 50 strokes with a spoon.
- Spread in the bottom of a crust lined pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiney and center is set; covering edges with foil after 15 or 20 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg in a small bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Quickly drop cream cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over partially baked brownies; carefully spread to cover brownie layer.
- Bake an additional 18 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese is set.
- Cool at least an hour.
- Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill for one hour or until serving time.
- Immediately before serving, place ice cream topping in a small microwave dish.
- Microwave on defrost for 45 seconds.
- Spoon into a small resealable bag and seal.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag.
- Squeeze to drizzle topping over pie.
- Store in the refrigerator.