Recipe by mydesigirl
OMG this is rich and very good! Strawberries and chocolate...MMM! Not for calorie counters.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, broken
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- On medium speed, beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs 1 at a time until each is mixed in well.
- Stir in melted chocolate, then flour and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 45 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- When completely cooled, spread pie filling on top.
- Dollop with whip cream if desired.
- Chill to store.
- If chilled, wait 30 minutes before slicing.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.