Recipe by schafs
Strawberries and Chocolate. What more can you ask for. This is guaranteed to be a hit at your next dinner party.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons strawberry extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry ice cream topping, from a jar
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350; coat 2 8" round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat brownie mix, eggs, oil, 1/3 cup water and extract until blended, 1 minute; stir in chips.
- Divide batter between pans and bake 35 minutes.
- Puree strawberry topping until smooth.
- Poke holes into hot cakes; spread with topping; cool in pans 30 minutes on racks; Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Place one cake layer on plate and spread with 1 1/2 cups frosting, then top with remaining layer.
- Spread top& sides with remaining frosting.
- Garnish with whole or sliced strawberries.