Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The strawberry flavor is a refreshing change from chocolate fudge. I chose to add the pecans, but if you don't care for them you can leave them out . Also, be sure to stir constantly because it will stick to the bottom of the saucepan if you don't. The cook time includes time for cooling.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (11 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup pecans, ground (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line an 8" square pan with aluminum foil allowing edges to hang over sides.
- In heavy 3 quart saucepan combine butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and dry Jell-O powder.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Continue boiling the mixture for 5 minutes or until it reaches 234 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add white chips and marshmallow creme.
- Stir until chips are melted and marshmallow creme in completely mixed.
- Add vanilla and ground pecans, stirring well.
- Pour into foil lined pan and let cool until firm.
- Lift foil out of pan and cut into squares.