Annie H's Note:
Every time I make this, I want to eat it with a spoon. It's creamy but not too rich, thick and refreshing. You can dip fruit in this (bananas, apples, etc) cookies, cake, crepes, ice cream... oh, gosh, anything that goes with strawberries! My favorite way to eat this is to tear off pieces of a desert crepe and scoop up about a teaspoon at a time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour strawberries into a microwave safe bowl and thaw in microwave (about 2 1/2 minutes, tossing every 30 seconds), or let them sit in the frig overnight to thaw.
- 2Cut berries into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 3Cube cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl: add powdered sugar and vanilla.
- 4Using whisk beaters, mix on medium speed until fluffy.
- 5Remove bowl from mixing stand.
- 6Pour strawberries and any accumulated liquid over creamy mixture and fold in.
- 7until completely mixed.
- 8Optional: blend berries in blender or food processor before folding into cream to make a smooth dip.
- 9Serving suggestions: Toss with fruit to make a fruit salad; serve with dessert crepes, pancakes or waffles, either as filling or topping; pour over vanilla ice cream; use as the cream element for a smoothie; spoon over chunks of sponge cake; use as a dip for cookies, fruit, broken pieces of ice cream cone; etc.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Fruit Dip and Crepes Filling
Serving Size: 1 (715 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g