Make and share this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt recipe from Food.com.
- Slice strawberries into small pieces; toss in a bowl with sugar and vodka, stirring until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring every so often.
- Puree the strawberries and their liquid with the yogurt and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- You may press the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any seeds; this is optional.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1 hour, then freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- May eat right away or transfer to freezer container and freeze several hours for firmer texture.
What a nice summer dessert! Used this recipe as kind of a guideline, and it turned out very well. For the yogurt, I used a 7oz container Greek yogurt and 1 1/2 cups lowfat regular yogurt. Substituted a sweet white wine for the vodka, added 3/4 tsp vanilla extract, and reduced the sugar by about 2 Tbsp. I found that the small amount froze very quickly in my ice cream maker (only 20 minutes) and became very firm after being in the freezer for a couple hours. I would suggest removing the frozen yogurt from the freezer at least 10 minutes before serving. Can't wait to make this again.
This is good frozen yogurt!!! It is almost like sorbet because of the amount of fruit vs dairy. I used kirsch and I threw in a few raspberries that I had extra along with the strawberries. Thanks for the recipe!!
This is GREAT. I did modify the recipe a bit, but same basic ingredients...I used vanilla flavored vodka, 1 tablespoon. I also used 1/4 cup of Splenda and 1 tsp of Stevia herb to sweeten, in place of the sugar. AND I used 2 1/2 cups of fat-free greek yogurt to make it a bit thicker. This made my ice cream maker overflow just a tiny bit, but no biggie. Yum, thanks for posting!