Kate in Katoomba's Note:
Absolutely delicious. Don't be put off with the beer in the batter ingredients - it simply makes the crunchiest batter imaginable and leaves no taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- grapeseed oil or cottonseed oil, for frying
- 2 pints of large strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- golden syrup, for serving
- icing sugar, for serving
- ice cream, for serving
- 1Combine the batter ingredients and mix well.
- 2Heat the oil in a small saucepan to about 130C (not too hot- this is very important).
- 3Roll each strawberry in icing sugar until it's completely coated.
- 4Dip into the batter, then gently drop into the oil and cook for about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- 5Place on a paper towl to drain before serving.
- 6You can fry several at a time depending on the size of your pot.
- 7Serve the strawberry fritters immediately with vanilla ice cream drizzled with golden syrup and dusted with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 9.4 g