Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tasty summertime treat to be enjoyed anytime of the year!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 12 ounces frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 (10 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally. Remove pan from oven and cool.
- Remove 1/3 cup of mix from pan for garnish.
- Beat 10 minutes the egg whites, strawberries, lemon juice and sugar.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread mix into pan over crumbs. Garnish top with reserved crumbs.
- Freeze several hours before serving.
I know I rated this recipe before but probably on another site. It is wonderfully light and airy plus refreshing, but I prefer to use whipped cream rather than coolwhip. Also, I quite often serve it with dark chocolate sauce. You can also use a graham cracker crust. Thanks for submitting an easy and realiable recipe.