Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A traditional Fool is made with generous amounts whipped heavy cream with fruit gently folded in. This lighter alternative uses sour cream and yogurt and originated in Cooking Light. I have adapted it a bit to my own tastes and preferences.
- 709.77 ml strawberries, sliced
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml packed light brown sugar
- 473.19 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 44.37 ml low-fat sour cream
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract (use the clear kind if you have it)
- Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Combine brown sugar, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and yogurt and sour cream in a blender. Blend for a minute or two so that the sugars are blended in and you have incorporated a bit of air in the dairy mix. (i've also done this with an immersion blender.) Turn out into a covered bowl and chill for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, gently fold the strawberry mixture into the yogurt mixture until swirled.
delicious and wonderful I used wild blueberries (frozen) and will make this a lot
A very nice alternative for dessert, would be good with other types of berries as well. Thanks for posting!
This was so good I will make it again,and again