4 hrs 15 mins
I got this out of an old fashioned cookbook from my Great Grandmother, and the description says; "Flummery, Fool, Grunt, Slump, and Buckle were variations of old English puddings made with fruit. They were also common in early America" I will post 3 of the five variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend cornstarch with a little of the milk, stir into a sauce pan containing the rest of the milk, the sugar, and the salt.
- 2Bring to a boil and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture becomes thick. (Stir constantly).
- 3Stir a cup of the hot milk mixture into the beaten egg yolk.Then stir this back into the saucepan.
- 4Continue cooking 2-3 minutes more.
- 5Remove pan from heat and add vanilla.
- 6Pour into serving bowl.
- 7Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours.
- 8Arrange sliced berries evenly over top of pudding just before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Flummery
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.4 mg
- Sodium 119.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g