Recipe by LAURIE
Quick, non-fancy way to get a pielike dessert without all the trouble. Just dollop on a scoop of ice cream and your desert is covered!
Top Review by selfmadegirl
I tried 'veganizing' this recipe by using Earth Balance and EnergG Egg Replacers instead of eggs and butter. While the end result was tasty, it was also very crumbly. I had to serve it in the pan, because it just came apart when I tried to remove it. I put a layer of custard between the flan and the fruit, which helped hold everything together. Thankyou for providing the recipe!
- 5 ounces butter, softened (lowfat will work here)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350.
- Cream butter and 3/4-1 cups sugar together til light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add to butter and eggs mixture.
- In a grease 9 inch pie or flan pan, press the pastry dough covering bottom and up sides.
- Spread strawberries into crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes til crust is golden.