1/1 Photo of Strawberry Filling (For Cakes and Cake Rolls)
The most flavorful strawberry filling. Fresh or frozen strawberries work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1add everything into a sauce pan and cook until it boils, stirring constantly.
- 2Continue to cook and stir until everything is dissolved and starts to thicken approximately 5 mintures.
- 3Cool in refrigerator until thick and set.
- 4prep time does not include time in the refrigerator.
- 5I have never tried this, but I think you could fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped heavy cream to make a frosting.
- 6I also wonder how this would work in a pie -- if anyone is brave enough let me know how that works. ;-p.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Filling (For Cakes and Cake Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 980.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 236.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 202.1 g
- Protein 10.5 g