Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
The most flavorful strawberry filling. Fresh or frozen strawberries work fine.
Make and share this Strawberry Filling (For Cakes and Cake Rolls) recipe from Food.com.
- add everything into a sauce pan and cook until it boils, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook and stir until everything is dissolved and starts to thicken approximately 5 mintures.
- Cool in refrigerator until thick and set.
- prep time does not include time in the refrigerator.
- I have never tried this, but I think you could fold in 1 1/2 cups of whipped heavy cream to make a frosting.
- I also wonder how this would work in a pie -- if anyone is brave enough let me know how that works. ;-p.
This has great fresh strawberry flavor, and a gorgeous bright red color. I was going to try making a pie from this, but after I made this, I decided to mix in 1 1/2 cups whipped heavy cream to see how that would come out. Once I did that, I realized that it would probably make a great filling for an angel food cake (which is my plans for this once I get the cake). Now that I think about it, the whipped cream version of this would probably made great ice cream cake frosting, too. Ooh, or a great strawberry explosion trifle, with fresh sliced strawberries, both versions of the filling and strawberry cake cubes. Oh boy, I think I need to stock up on strawberries. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012