Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines lemon supreme cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (finely chopped)
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup frozen margarita mix concentrate, thawed
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 13X9-inch pan.
- Place cake mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; mix well. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of greased pan. Stir preserves until smooth; carefully spread over base.
- In same bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt and egg; beat until well blended. Add margarita mix; beat at low speed until blended. Carefully pour filling over base. Sprinkle with reserved base mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until edges begin to brown and center is set. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
I followed the recipe to the "t", but something just didn't work. The bottom got way too crunchy (downright hard) and I'm thinking that's because I used a metal pan instead of a glass one and didn't knock off any time? The cream cheese filling was made too tart for my liking by the margarita mix, as well. I am giving it 3 stars because it is a working recipe, just not to my taste.