Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I make cookie trays for gifts, these are always a must. Be sure and try them with the sesame seeds. These are very easy and a favorite.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sesame seeds, as needed
- strawberry preserves, as needed
- Cream butter, add sugar, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Form into small balls and roll in sesame seeds.
- Make a thumbprint in center of balls.
- Fill with strawberry preserves.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- When making cookies, I use parchment paper so I do not have to grease and wash the cookie sheets repeatedly.
- I do not know how many this makes and will have to guess.
Yum! I pulled this up when I was having a super sweets craving and not many ingredients. I made them with Earth Balance to make them vegan, which made them a little bit crumbly, but that's to be expected. Next time I'll use a little more preserves (I used blackberry) and a little less salt. Very good and satisfied my sweet craving!
I made these for my company Bakesale and they went very quickly. Oh yea, my husband loved them as well. The prep time was a little long, but it was well worth it and they looked so cute!
Delicious! Not too sweet, kind of like shortbread. My super-picky dad loved them.