Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for Valentine's Day! The combination of chocolate and strawberries is fantastic, and they look lovely on the plate. You can prepare the brownies up to 2 days ahead of time and store them in an airtight container. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- hershey chocolate syrup
- 1 quart strawberry
- powdered sugar
- Combine margarine and cocoa in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring frequently until margarine melts.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Spread into well-greased 9" square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Invert on rack; cool completely.
- Cut into 8 (2 1/2-3") hearts, using a heart shaped cutter.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp chocolate sauce onto each of 4 plates; place a heart brownie on each plate.
- Arrange strawberries over the hearts; top with remaining heart brownies.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.