Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This makes such a beautiful dessert.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- Heat oven to 325*. Wrap outside bottom and side of 10 inch springform pan with foil to prevent leaking. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in butter. Press firmly in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, the eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Spread half of mixture (about 3 cups) over crust. Spoon half of pie filling by tablespoonfuls onto cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cream cheese mixture. (Refrigerate remaining pie filling.).
- Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool 15 minutes. Run metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- To serve, run metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen again; remove foil and side of pan. Spoon remaining pie filling over cheesecake.