Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a fabulous cake, great for spring and summer months! :) Should be eaten within a day or so as bananas will turn.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons creme de banane
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 banana, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the cake Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy, then add all flavorings.
- Add sugar gradually, and continue by adding flour mixture alternately with cream, beating after each addition until just.
- Pour batter into two 9" greased round cake pans and bake in your preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes or until done.
- While cake is cooking, make your syrup.
- Do so by combining sugar and water in a heavy small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over moderate heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in creme de banana.
- Once cake has finished baking, remove from oven and cool on racks.
- After they have cooled, brush cakes with syrup.
- For the filling, whip cream in large chilled bowl on low speed until soft peaks form.
- Add Grand Marnier and sugar and beat on high speed until it becomes smooth and spreadable.
- Fold in mashed strawberries.
- Spread the filling between the cake layers and add sliced banana on top of bottom layer.
- Spread remaining mixture on top and sides of cake.
recipe calls for eggs but not labeled in ingredient list.....<br/>i used 3,<br/>also i didnt wanna buy the grand mar so instead of two liqoures i used Malibu's tropical banana liqour ,<br/>its for my birthday tomorrow , but im gonna eat it in a few hours :) thanks you good job