This is one of DH's favorite preserves. The recipe came from his grandmother. Prep and cook times are approximate. I'm not sure of the yield, so I'm guessing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the figs, sugar and jell-o in a dutch oven.
- 2Bring to a slow boil over medium to medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Stir constantly to prevent sticking and burning.
- 5Put in sterlized jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Fig Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1484.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 376.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 372.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: