Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a beautiful, delicious salad!
Make and share this Strawberry Fields Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (your favorite)
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Slice strawberries into ¼-inch slices and mix with balsamic vinegar, sugar and water to coat strawberries. Set aside to marinate.
- Mix chopped pecans with brown sugar and water in a pan and saute until glazed. (Be careful not to overcook). Set aside.
- Chop red leaf and Romaine lettuce into 2-inch pieces.
- Toss lettuce, parmesan cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, and glazed pecans together and place in salad bowls.
- Strain strawberries from glaze and arrange on top of salad.
- Top with cracked pepper.
This salad was awesome! A few adjustments we made were we added bacon to the salad. It added a wonderful texture and taste. My husband absolutely loved it!!
A delicious and lovely salad. 4-and-a-half stars. It is quite a bit of work (unless one happens to have glazed pecans on hand) but scrumptious. It would be perfect for company.