- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces balsamic vinaigrette (your favorite)
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries into ¼-inch slices and mix with balsamic vinegar, sugar and water to coat strawberries. Set aside to marinate.
- Mix chopped pecans with brown sugar and water in a pan and saute until glazed. (Be careful not to overcook). Set aside.
- Chop red leaf and Romaine lettuce into 2-inch pieces.
- Toss lettuce, parmesan cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, and glazed pecans together and place in salad bowls.
- Strain strawberries from glaze and arrange on top of salad.
- Top with cracked pepper.