Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in The Complete Guide to Natural Healing. "Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which perks up tired skin, giving it a fresh healthy look. They also contain sulfur, which has cleansing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to remove impurities from skin surface and reduce redness and swelling. Because of its antibacterial action, honey is often used in cosmetics, helping to disinfect and heal minor blemishes." I like using this mask because it makes my face feel so soft and I still get some zits at 27 years old and I think it helps heal them faster. Homemade facials are also much cheaper.
- 1. Rinse strawberries in water and dry with a paper towel.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash strawberries with a fork.
- 3. Add the cream and honey, and mix well.
- 4. Apply the paste generously to the face and throat, keeping it away from the eyes.
- 5. Relax and enjoy pampering yourself! Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes.
- "Contraindications: People with sensitive or sunburned skin could have an adverse reaction to strawberries. Test on a small area first to assess your skins reaction.".
Definitely made my skin soft, we'll see how it worked on my blemishes! I LOVE homemade facials, this one gave me a great way to use up the few VERY ripe strawberries left in the container. Thanks!
i sort of turned me and my friends faces red!!! we didnt hav efresh strawberries, so we used froxen ones!! it was SO cold!!! lol
Wow! I am GORGEOUS! lol... wel.. this made me feel gorgeous! AND it smells devine! Thanks for sharing!