1/3 Photos of Strawberry Dumplings
1 hr 5 mins
Punky Julster's Note:
I haven't tried these yet but they sound so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar and the water; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in vanilla extract.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, and salt.
- 5Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture is crumbly.
- 6Add milk and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 7Place strawberries in a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish; pour hot sugar mixture over strawberries.
- 8Immediately drop dough evenly in 8 to 10 spoonfuls over strawberries.
- 9Sprinkle dumplings with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar (and a little cinnamon, if desired).
- 10Bake at 450° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until dumplings are lightly browned.
- 11Serve hot with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 525.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g