Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mom's recipe, which she got from my grandmother. However, my grandmother used orange flavored Jell-O and my Mom always uses strawberry. This can be made low fat too!
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Sprinkle Jell-O over cottage cheese.
- Mix well.
- Add drained pineapple and let set in fridge.
- When ready to serve, mix well with Cool Whip and serve.
I added the cool whip when I added the pineapple. Also threw in some chopped pecans. I had requested this recipe...my grandma used to make it but did not leave behind the recipe when she passed away. I surprised my mom with it and she was tickled. Oh...did I mention it is delicious??
I love this salad. Sometimes I add a can of drained mandarin oranges to it along with the pineapple. Mom likes to add chopped pecans too.
My husband calls this "Old Lady Salad", but I love it. It is the perfect combination of sweet, tart and creamy. It is also a very easy salad to put together from common ingredients.