Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is great over a spinach salad. To lower the fat content reduce the amount of oil to two tablespoons.
- 1 cup fresh strawberry, rinsed and stemmed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Refridgerate in a sealed bowl until ready to use.
We both totally enjoyed this salad dressing! We made our salad with extra strawberries, fresh spinach leaves, Romaine lettuce, feta, almonds and onion. We will be making this often now. It's right up there with our favorites!
This is a super delicious salad dressing recipe. I did not use all the oil called for and used 1 teaspoon of dried basil instead of fresh. Served it over a Romaine salad with extra strawberries, walnuts and red onion rings. Thanks for sharing - I will definitely keep this one in my favorites file.