Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is excellent over fresh greens and spinach. You can make it low fat by reducing the oil to 1 to 2 tablespoons. And it's easy to make!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and stemmed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or 2 tablespoons regular balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerated in a sealed container, this drssing will keep for 3 days.
I also used this for the Strawberry and Grape salad, recipe #122182. I made the full size recipe, with less oil. I made the dressing "to taste" so I did not measure the ingredients but used them as a guideline. I also used balsamic vinegar. Very nice and I will definitely use this dresssing in a spinach salad. Thanks!
This was okay. I used it on Strawberry and Grape Salad Recipe #122182 and only made 1/2 of this recipe and there was still to much dressing! I also used 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves in place of the 1/2 tbsp fresh basil. I think this dressing would be better over a lettuce salad(something different) rather than a fruit salad! Thanks for sharing!
I used this with my version of recipe #122182. For the vinegar I used 1 1/2 T. white balsamic vinegar and 1/2 T. dark balsalmic and substituted 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice for the water. Everyone loved it at the BBQ. What an ideal way to use up strawberries that are too soft. You're right! This dressing is good with spinach leaves and fresh greens! ;) CG