Recipe by LorenLou
Absolutely delicious! Nice as an Easter/springtime dessert, or at a barbecue. Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by Frecks
Easy to make, nice light dessert. I used fat free cool whip but liked the cake with fat free choclate pudding instead of the fat free vanilla. I also substitued egg beaters for the eggs. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix, prepared with (or follow directions for prep on your package instructions, or make from scratch)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) packagessliced frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared with
- 2 cups milk
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Set frozen strawberries out to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake (ie beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer for about 2 minutes), or according to package directions.
- Bake in 13x9-inch glass pan at 350 for about 33 minutes.
- As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, pierce the top of the cake (all over) with a fork, until the top becomes very crumbly.
- Spread the strawberries, including juice, over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding with the milk, or according to package directions.
- Spread on top of cooled cake.
- Refrigerate again, overnight.
- Serve with whipped topping.