Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 hrs
Absolutely delicious! Nice as an Easter/springtime dessert, or at a barbecue. Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix, prepared with (or follow directions for prep on your package instructions, or make from scratch)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) packagessliced frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared with
- 2 cups milk
- whipped topping
- Set frozen strawberries out to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake (ie beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with mixer for about 2 minutes), or according to package directions.
- Bake in 13x9-inch glass pan at 350 for about 33 minutes.
- As soon as the cake is removed from the oven, pierce the top of the cake (all over) with a fork, until the top becomes very crumbly.
- Spread the strawberries, including juice, over the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding with the milk, or according to package directions.
- Spread on top of cooled cake.
- Refrigerate again, overnight.
- Serve with whipped topping.
Easy to make, nice light dessert. I used fat free cool whip but liked the cake with fat free choclate pudding instead of the fat free vanilla. I also substitued egg beaters for the eggs. Thanks for posting.
I am so sorry but I just could not get used to the taste of the strawberries on this cake. They were just too tart for all of the sweetness of the cake and pudding. They would have been better with a little sugar mixed in with them. However, my boyfriend loved this cake. I just found myself picking all of the strawberries off and eating the cake :-( I wish that I could honestly give this a better review. Perhaps, I will add sugar to the strawberries the next time. Thank you for the recipe though.
This dessert was delicious. I actually made it with FF coolwhip and FF pudding. I also made the cake with a diet Sprite and cake mix. It was a great low fat dessert!