Recipe by More Sunshine
My mom used to make this when we were kids and we all loved it. It is a very moist white cake mix with strawberry stripes made with strawberry jello which is absorbed into the cake. The center of the stripes are filled with vanilla pudding and the cake is frosted with cool whip.
- 517.37 g Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix (white)
- 3 eggs
- 78.07 ml oil
- 314.66 ml water
- 170.09 g strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 96.38 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 473.18 ml milk
- 453.59 g container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 1/3 cups water; beating on medium speed until very frothy.
- Add the cake mix; beat on low speed until just blended; beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Dissolve Jell-O in 1 cup of boiling water in a small bowl. Mix in 1 cup of cold water.
- Beat the pudding mix into the 2 cups cold milk. Mix with electric mixer on low for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Gently prick cake with a fork by putting the fork in cake about three quarters of the way down and carefully pulling the cake back. While fork is still in cake, spoon about a tablespoon of the Jell-O in the prick mark. (You may find it easier to use a liquid measuring cup or a baster instead of spooning the Jell-O in.) Do this at 1/2 inch intervals over the whole cake.
- Pour remaining Jell-O over the cake.
- Spoon the pudding in the same place as the Jell-O by gently pulling the cake back again with the fork.
- Chill, covered, for 2 hours.
- Frost with cool whip. Chill again for at least 2 hours.
- It is best to make this cake the day before.