5 hrs 15 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
More Sunshine's Note:
My mom used to make this when we were kids and we all loved it. It is a very moist white cake mix with strawberry stripes made with strawberry jello which is absorbed into the cake. The center of the stripes are filled with vanilla pudding and the cake is frosted with cool whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 1 1/3 cups water; beating on medium speed until very frothy.
- 2Add the cake mix; beat on low speed until just blended; beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into a greased 13x9 inch cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until wooden tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 4Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- 5Dissolve Jell-O in 1 cup of boiling water in a small bowl. Mix in 1 cup of cold water.
- 6Beat the pudding mix into the 2 cups cold milk. Mix with electric mixer on low for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 7Gently prick cake with a fork by putting the fork in cake about three quarters of the way down and carefully pulling the cake back. While fork is still in cake, spoon about a tablespoon of the Jell-O in the prick mark. (You may find it easier to use a liquid measuring cup or a baster instead of spooning the Jell-O in.) Do this at 1/2 inch intervals over the whole cake.
- 8Pour remaining Jell-O over the cake.
- 9Spoon the pudding in the same place as the Jell-O by gently pulling the cake back again with the fork.
- 10Chill, covered, for 2 hours.
- 11Frost with cool whip. Chill again for at least 2 hours.
- 12It is best to make this cake the day before.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Dream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 275.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix