Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tastes just like homemade.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 0.5 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 0.5 (10 ounce) packagebox frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CAKE: Combine cake mix, gelatin, flour, water and eggs. Beat 2 minutes. Add strawberries with syrup to batter and beat 1 minute. Add oil and beat 1 minute. Pour into two (9-inch) round cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes. When cooled, frost with Strawberry Frosting.
- FROSTING: Beat butter until smooth. Add sugar, alternating with strawberries and syrup until smooth. Add vanilla extract and, if necessary, thin with a little milk or cream to spreading consistency.