Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, no cook easy delish recipe. Great for unexpected guests! Any berries can be use. If short on berries slice instead of using whole and place on pudding to make go farther. Liqueur can be skipped but preserves should be heated in micro to make into a spreading consistency.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces banana cream instant pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 -7 ounce sponge cake, store bought
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries, top sliced to remove greens
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Licor 43 (vanilla liqueur, like licor 43 or 2 tablespoons a berry liqueur)
- Mix pudding and milk together and let set. Place cake on a cake dish.
- Spread pudding on cake, top with berries cut side down or slice and arrange in a spiral over pudding.
- Mix preserves and liqueur together. Heat in micro if need be( I didn`t have to) to make a thin spreading consistency. Spread over berries. Chill to set. Serve and enjoy!
i cant believe this only has 1 review. this is good stuff .thanks rita for another keeper .dee
Really quick and simple to make and it looks SO scrumptious! Just take a look at Rita’s photograph! I made this Cheat and Eat recipe with a 50/50 mix of strawberries and raspberries and some raspberry jam because I wasn’t entirely sure what raspberry preserves are, and I didn’t have any. And I used a strawberry liqueur. It wasn’t necessary to microwave anything: the jam and liqueur mixed together easily. Delicious! Thank you, Rita! Great recipe!