Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy-to-make cake that 'goes well' with those of us who enjoy strawberries!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) package strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix (JUNKET brand)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 teaspoons warm water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 15" x 10" baking dish.
- In large electric mixer bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, 1 cup water and Danish Dessert mix.
- With electric mixer, beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan by inverting onto serving plate.
- Stir together powdered sugar and warm water; drizzle over cake.
- If desired, before serving, top with sliced, fresh strawberries.
Ahh strawberry cake ... spring doesn't feel like spring with out something strawberry. I reduced the oil by half and topped with strawberries. Made for PRMR
This cake was out of this world.... Thank you so much for sharing.... I was still unable to find the strawberry flavor danish dessert mix after going to three different stores so I used a box of strawberry jello.... It worked out great and tasted wonderful.... I will be posting a photo as soon as our computer issues are resolved.....