Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This is a simple but fabulous recipe for a Dessert Bruschetta using Strawberries. Of course, you could substitute for blackberries or blueberries, or any other fresh berry you like. It is served on Cinamon Raisin Bread Toast Wedges over a layer of Mascarpone. I must give credit where credit is due, I believe this recipe came from an episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" - I got the idea from there, then made the recipe to my liking as the show didn't provide recipes or ingredient amounts or anything from shows.
Top Review by Mom Mindy 66
WOW!!! This was heavenly!!! I made exactly as directed and it was so refreshing & zesty we all loved it. I made this for a picnic last Sunday. Some of my strawberries were bitter - but I just stirred in a tablespoon of grenadine & a dash of sugar and this was so fabulous. I highly recommend this - it's a great way to enjoy fresh fruit. I am making this again tomorrow but am going to try it with fresh peaches as I am craving them. I also must say that the mascarpone with the honey was right on cue - it was a perfect combination. The mint leaves gave the perfect color to appear as a bruschetta. I also went to Panera and got their raisin bread and I sliced it thick, it was Divine! You have me sold with this recipe. I'm going to try several fruits! Grazi!!!!!!!! :-)
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread, toasted
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mint leaf, fresh chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice into wedges then toast cinnamon raisin bread in oven 8 minutes or until golden brown on ungreased cookie sheet.
- While toast is in oven, combine mascarpone cheese and honey in small bowl. Also, in another bowl, begin to chop strawberries into small pieces, at least quarter the strawberry, then cut quarters in half. Chop fresh mint leaves and add to strawberry bowl.
- Remove toast from oven & lightly brush with melted butter. Coat with a layer of the mascarpone and honey mixture. Then top with the fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
- ** If berries are bitter, you could stir in a dash or so of sugar. Also, for serving, you can drizzle with additional honey if desired **.