Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Old family recipe from Grandma Maxine.
- 1 (10 ounce) box strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (2 5/8 ounce) packets Dream Whip
- Cook strawberries, sugar and cornstarch until thickened. Let cool.
- Mix 2 sticks butter, brown sugar, flour & pecans. (Do not cream). Press out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes. Cool and crumble up. Save one cup for topping. Pat the rest in a long cake pan for the bottom crust.
- Spread the cooled strawberry filling on the crust.
- Mix cream cheese and 1 Cup powdered sugar. Whip 2 packages of dream whip as directed on box with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Blend the cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture. Spread on top of strawberries. Sprinkle the one cup topping saved on top.