Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This tort is extremely festive looking and yet so easy to make. It can also be prepared ahead of time.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) packagesliced frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- mint sprig (optional)
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine marshmallow creme and lemon juice. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over the crust. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired.