Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
really good with fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced, sweetened with
- Line a greased 15x10 jelly roll pan with greased and floured wax paper.
- Sift first 3 ingredients together.
- Beat eggs in bowl until thick.
- Add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add orange juice concentrate and 2 tbls water; beat well.
- Add flour mixture gradually beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 375*.for 12 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Turn cake out onto one towel dusted with 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Roll as for jelly roll; cool completely.
- Fold 1/2 cup powdered sugar and almond extract gently into whipped cream.
- Unrol cake; trin edges -- spread with half the whipped cream mixture.
- Spoon 3 cups strawberries over whipped cream.
- Reroll cake. Place seam side down on serving plate.
- Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.