Recipe by Toadflax
This is delicious and makes a nice presentation. It can be varied with other fruits and flavors of jello. I've given out many copies of this recipe over the years. As it is done in layers that need to chill in between it is best made the day before.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 170 g strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, completely thawed
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- strawberry slices, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix base ingredients together. Press into 9"x13" pan. Bake at 350F 20-25 minutes. Watch carefully near the end that it doesn't overbrown. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese layer ingredients together till well blended. Spread over base. Chill.
- Mix strawberry layer ingredients. VERY IMPORTANT: the strawberries need to be completely thawed or it will not set up properly. Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Chill overnight. Garnish with your choice of topping. I like to cut into individual servings and pipe a dollop of whipped cream and a slice or two of fresh strawberry on each.