Recipe by love4culinary
This bread is absolutely fabulous, and even more indulging with the mascarpone!!!
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
This bread was moist and melts in your mouth! The top got a little over done - next time i will cover it with foil at about 30-40 minutes. I love the flavor and was surprised that it wasn't sweeter. It was perfect! Thank you!!!!
- 1 lb strawberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- mascarpone, to serve
- powdered sugar, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
- Puree your strawberries in a blender or processor.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a large bowl and add salt.
- Add sugar and coconut and stir.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the center of the sifted ingredients and add egg mixture, mixing until mixture comes together.
- Lightly fold through pureed strawberries, stirring only 2 to 3 times at most.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- To serve, slice and top with a spoon of mascarpone and a shake or two of powdered sugar.
- Also nice with a drizzle of strawberry sauce!