Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is absolutely fabulous, and even more indulging with the mascarpone!!!
Make and share this Strawberry Delight Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan.
- Puree your strawberries in a blender or processor.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a large bowl and add salt.
- Add sugar and coconut and stir.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, vanilla, oil and buttermilk.
- Make a well in the center of the sifted ingredients and add egg mixture, mixing until mixture comes together.
- Lightly fold through pureed strawberries, stirring only 2 to 3 times at most.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- To serve, slice and top with a spoon of mascarpone and a shake or two of powdered sugar.
- Also nice with a drizzle of strawberry sauce!
This bread was moist and melts in your mouth! The top got a little over done - next time i will cover it with foil at about 30-40 minutes. I love the flavor and was surprised that it wasn't sweeter. It was perfect! Thank you!!!!