Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This is so easy and light tasting after a hot summer day. The flavours work well. It vanishes in our house.
Top Review by Dancer^
Hi Kate. This was a wonderful topper for our dinner party. Very light and not 2 sweet. The only changes I made was I cut the sugar in half and used real whipped cream. I doubled the recipe. Very easy and fast to make. I love strawberries, this is a keeper. I am also making it next week for a small lunch with a few relatives. thanks so much for posting. Dancer^
- 1 golden poundcake
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry sauce (ice cream topping or runny jam)
- 1 box strawberry
- 1 large good quality chocolate bar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries in half- smaller pieces if berries are very large- reserve 2 for garnish.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut cake into bite sized cubes and moisten with orange juice.
- Mix strawberry sauce into cool whip.
- Shave chocolate with vegetable peeler or finely chop.
- In a large clear bowl layer 1/2 the cake,1/2 the berries, 1/3 of the cool whip and 1/3 of the chocolate.
- Repeat layers and top with the rest of the cool whip and chocolate.
- Garnish with reserved strawberries.
- Refrigerate for several hours.