Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I picked up from a co-worker several years ago. This is how she had it written but I usually add a graham cracker crust. You can substitute any pie filling for the strawberry as well. It's very cheesecake-like. Nobody can ever guess that there's a whole angel food cake inside!
- 1 angel food cake (I usually make it with one springform angel food cake, but it could be done with two loaf size)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- Tear angel food cake into pieces and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and the container of cool whip.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Mixture will be very thick.
- Spread into the bottom of a 9"x13" pan.
- Top with the pie filling.
This was simply amazing. I used a store bought angelfood cake (10 oz size I think) and cherry pie filling. Also, I used fat free cool whip and cream cheese. I've never tasted anything quite like this...I think it was the angel food cake that did it! Wonderful, thanks for sharing it with us.
What a fun recipe. I expected it to firm up in the fridge but mine stayed the consistancy of cream cheese. I think it would be really pretty in fancy glasses.
Nessa, Oh my,This was so delicious,it will be my next dish I take to a church linger-longer, There is no doubt in my mind they will love it. Thanks so much for a great recipe,Darlene Summers